3. This page was last modified: September 1, 2017
5. MedEdNow, LLC is an interactive website where users can obtain CME credit by taking scheduled and self-pace classes (“CME Courses”) on the Site (“Service”). However, the Service includes all aspects of MedEdNow, LLC, including but not limited to all products, software, and services offered via the Site.
6. Site Features. MedEdNow, LLC shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of MedEdNow, LLC, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, the cost of the CME Courses and/or Service, the addition of user content areas, and equipment needed for access or use. Further, MedEdNow, LLC may request additional information at any time by you to update or enhance account information collected for use of the Site and or to provide the Service. This includes requesting more information if it is required by your state accrediting agency to submit your CME credits to such agency.
9. You agree not to distribute in any form any part of the Service or the Content without MedEdNow, LLC’s prior written authorization, unless MedEdNow, LLC makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service.
10. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
11. You agree not to access the Site Content through any technology or means other than the pages of the Service itself or other explicitly authorized means MedEdNow, LLC may designate.
12. You will not use the Site for commercial purposes.
13. In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
15. MedEdNow, LLC In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a MedEdNow, LLC account (“Account”). You may never use another’s Account without permission. When creating your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify MedEdNow, LLC immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. Although MedEdNow, LLC will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your Account, you may be liable for the losses of MedEdNow, LLC or others due to unauthorized use. In order to protect yourself and other users of the MedEdNow, LLC Site, the following terms must be followed: (a) You will not create an Account for anyone other than yourself or your business without permission, (b) If we disable your Account, you will not create another one without our permission, (c) You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date, (d) You will not transfer your Account to anyone without first getting our written permission, and (e) If you select a username for your Account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when as trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
16. CME COURSES AND THE SERVICE
17. CME Course Accreditation. Unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, all CME Courses available through MedEdNow, LLC are accredited for all fifty US states and the District of Columbia. To receive credit for all Self-paced CME Courses, you must successfully complete the Self-paced CME Course that you purchased. To receive credit for all Instructor-led CME Courses, you must successfully complete all the classes in the series (the “Modules”) for the Instructor-led CME Courses listed at the time of purchase (which may be modified by MedEdNow, LLC if required by state accreditation).
18. Payment must be made in full at the time of purchase. No refunds will be given once CME Courses are purchased. Payment includes electronic copies of course materials necessary to take all CME Course Modules included in the CME Courses, including electronic copies of all course materials (including any CME books), access to the MedEdNow, LLC course site, and, submission of your successful completion of the full CME Course to the state accreditation body that you request information be sent to when you have purchased the Instructor-led CME Course, or, in the case of Self-paced CME Courses, upon completion of any purchased Self-paced CME Course.
19. Start Date. For all Instructor-led CME Courses, all Modules in your Instructor-led CME Courses must be completed within two years of purchase to receive accreditation. For all Self-paced CME Courses, including those that OSHA credit is available, all modules in your Self-paced CME Courses must be completed within one year of purchase to receive accreditation.
20. Webinars are available as scheduled. Class space is limited so you must sign in as soon as registration opens to ensure a spot in the CME Module. However, registration in the CME is not guaranteed if the CME Module reaches it maximum student limit at any time. If there are no spaces available, you can still participate in an on-demand version of the webinar.
21. Self-Paced Courses are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week except during schedule maintenance and emergency downtimes. You must complete the Self-paced Course and any associated Activities and/or Testing in order to receive you accreditation.
22. CAPCE accreditation requires that the student’s course completion records be reported to the CAPCE AMS and that they may be accessed by or shared with such regulators as state EMS offices, training officers, and NREMT on a password-protected need-to-know basis. This provides redundancy and is an easy way for regulators to verify student participation. In addition, students can review their personal course completion records by contacting CAPCE.
23. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ISSUE
24. Your Content and Information. While you retain ownership of all the content you post on the Site, including comments, questions, and information during CME Courses, by posting content on the Site, you shall be deemed to have granted to MedEdNow, LLC a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, advertise with, and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees. You further agree that any Content you submit to the Service will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant MedEdNow, LLC all of the license rights granted herein.
25. Third-Party Sites. The Site may contain links to other website (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by MedEdNow, LLC. MedEdNow, LLC is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any content posted by other users of the Site. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that MedEdNow, LLC’s terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from this Site.
27. The foregoing provisions of Section 14 apply equally to and are for the benefit of MedEdNow, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, its third party content providers, and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
28. User Submissions. You shall not upload, post, or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
29. MedEdNow, LLC and medicalednow.com are trademarks of MedEdNow, LLC. All rights in respect of this trademark are hereby expressly reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Trademarks that are located on the Site shall not be deemed to be in the public domain but rather the exclusive property of MedEdNow, LLC unless such website is under license from the trademark owner thereof in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of MedEdNow, LLC, unless otherwise stated.
30. Copyright, Trademark, and Intellectual Property Complaints. MedEdNow, LLC respects the intellectual property rights of others. MedEdNow, LLC prohibits users from uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting on the Site any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. When MedEdNow, LLC receives proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described in our Copyright Policy, MedEdNow, LLC promptly removes or disables access to the allegedly infringing material upon conclusion the material infringes upon another rights and terminates the accounts of repeat infringers as described herein in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent. Please see our Copyright Policy for more information on how to report infringement of your copyright. MedEdNow, LLC may, at its sole discretion, terminate users of the Site who are deemed by MedEdNow, LLC to be have committed copyright infringement, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
31. SITE FEATURES
32. Security Features. You agree not to circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
33. Accuracy of Information. You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that MedEdNow, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content except for that provided during CME Courses. All CME Course information has been accredited and may be taken to receive CME credits unless otherwise stated. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against MedEdNow, LLC with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless MedEdNow, LLC, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
34. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information about the Site (“Submissions”), provided by you to MedEdNow, LLC, are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of MedEdNow, LLC. MedEdNow, LLC shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. By posting communications on or through this Site, you shall be deemed to have granted to MedEdNow, LLC a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, advertise with, and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees.
35. End User Conduct. You agree and acknowledge that this Site, including all pages contained within, are private property. You represent, warrant, and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. In addition, you agree not to use this Site to: (a) collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from this Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails, or other unsolicited communications; (b) use this Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site; (c) use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site; (d) upload, post, or otherwise make available any content that MedEdNow, LLC deems to be harmful, hateful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, or fraudulent; (e) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with any person or entity; (f) upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or solicitations; (g) upload, post, or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for the commission of a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; (h) upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any content that advertises any illegal service on the Site; (i) upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any content that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in sexual conduct; (j) use or attempt to use another’s account without authorization from MedEdNow, LLC or the owner of the account; (k) upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any content that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or misinformative; (l) upload, post, or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of MedEdNow, LLC, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose MedEdNow, LLC or its users to any harm or liability of any type; and/or (m) upload, post, or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of MedEdNow, LLC, either online or offline solicits the users of this Site to become users of other online or offline services that directly or indirectly compete or potentially compete with MedEdNow, LLC.
37. WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
38. As-Is. The material on MedEdNow, LLC Site is provided “as is”. MedEdNow, LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, MedEdNow, LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any websites linked to this Site.
39. Limited Liability. In no event shall MedEdNow, LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MedEdNow, LLC’s Site, even if MedEdNow, LLC or a MedEdNow, LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
46. I understand that MedEdNow LLC MEDN0705 as a requirement of CAPCE accreditation will submit a record of my course completions to the CAPCE AMS. I further understand that my course completion records may be accessed by or shared with such regulators as state EMS offices, training officers, and NREMT on a password-protected need-to-know basis. In addition, I understand that I may review my record of CAPCE accredited course completions by contacting CAPCE.