Lab analysis for EMS provides an introduction into lab values for the EMT and paramedic. Understand basic labs will help guide the treatment of patients. We are seeing more point of care testing in the field and paramedics are at the helm of this push. Laboratory assessment and Point of Care (POC) Testing. Students will be prepared to discuss the following:
- Review POC testing types currently available
- Discuss the implications of testing.
- Discuss general testing principles, accuracy, specificity, and predicted value
- Review ions, anions, and fluid compartments
- Discuss acid/ base balance and determines of change
- Discuss ABG analysts and BMP in relation to patient condition
- Explain blood typing, safety in blood administration and evidence-based guidelines for transfusion
- Discuss CBC components individually
- Discuss BMP components individually
- Discuss PT/PTT/INR/Xa
- Discuss Urinalysis
- Discuss CSF analysis
19-MEDN-F3-3033 1 CEU
Whether you are looking for training at the EMT, intermediate level, or Paramedic level MedicalEdNow is the EMS CE provider for you. For example, hundreds of accredited continuing education courses are available to choose from. In addition, subscriptions are available, to easily recertify your EMT recertification with MedicalEdNow. Did you procrastinate last year and had to complete your entire refresher in a week? Use our unlimited subscription and take classes whenever you want. We add courses monthly at no additional cost, signup today, and start earning CEU’s today!
MedEdnow offers EMT refresher courses, AEMT, and Paramedic Refresher courses 100% online 24/7. In addition, you can complete elective CE requirements and mandatory requirements all in one place. All of our EMS courses are CAPCE accredited.