This Course is designed to educate medical providers on basic laboratory assessment, blood cultures, blood typing and anticoagulation labs.
The following laboratory learning outcomes will be reviewed.
- Discuss implications of testing.
- Discuss general testing principles, accuracy, specificity and predicted value
- Review ions, anions and fluid compartments
- Discuss acid/ base balance and determines of change
- Discuss ABG analysts and BMP in relation to patient condition
- Explain blood typing, safety in blood administration and evidence-based guidelines for transfusion
- Discuss CBC components individually
- Discuss BMP components individually
- Discuss PT/PTT/INR/Xa
- Discuss Urinalysis
- Discuss CSF analysis
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation