COVID-19 for EMT’s and Paramedics. This course covers the basics of COVID-19 and available to healthcare professionals and the public. As we fight this pandemic, information is our greatest weapon. The course is designed to arm healthcare providers, specifically EMS and first responders about COVID-19. Resources from the CDC and other medical experts are used to bring the most current information available to the students. We update this information on a daily basis as new information becomes available and encourage the student to return to the course for videos and additional resources. The course serves as a primer for the Designated Infection Control Officer (DICO) course and is outlined in the following fashion:
COVID-19 for EMT’s and Paramedics:
- What is COVID-19
- How is the disease spread
- Symptoms and treatment
- Exposure and risk assessment
- Preparation for quarantine
- Information for Travelers, Parents, and Business
- Join the forum and ask EMT’s/Paramedics from around the country how they are navigating changing policies and procedures. Have a question? Over 1000 people are part of this group..one of us will have an answer to your question(s).
For our EMS providers, this course is approved for 0.5 CEU’s CAPCE # 20-MEDN-F3-2000
MedEdnow offers EMT refresher courses, AEMT and Paramedic Refresher courses 100% online 24/7, so you can complete elective CE requirements and mandatory requirements all in one place. All of our EMS courses are CAPCE accredited.
For more information about Medicalednow.com Nursing CME courses, contact us at 855-298-8900 or via email at [email protected] Need an EKG course? We have those! Take our Basic, 12-Lead or EKG technician program today.